Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ten Minutes of Route 66 Commercials from Season One



I love these commercials. They are featured on Infinity's DVD set of Route 66's Season One episodes. I thought before I start Blogging about episodes, we should have a few more commercial breaks. There are several interesting things about these commercials. The first Chevrolet commercial, in particular, has an ethereal, almost dream-like quality, and the music - a mix of haunting, elegant and upbeat - is very much the product of the times. In the next commercial, it's hilarious to see the woman in the second commercial taking Bayer Aspirin to help her sleep at night. And the Corvair Monza commercial is uber-charming and makes me wish I was at the beach instead of sub-zero Ontario. My favorite is the Chevrolet Impala convertible commercial, with the guy leaving his job at the end of the day as a high-tech cameraman recording images of outer space rockets to go tool around the highways and byways of America with his family.

Watch these commercials. You'll love 'em, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment